Massage therapy can be used to treat scoliosis
Massage has many benefits for both those with and without scoliosis.
- Increases blood circulation to muscles and tissues of the body
- Relaxes tight muscles and tension
- Mobility improvements
Improves sleep quality
Manual therapies such as massage and other forms physical manipulations, like chiropractic manipulation or spinal traction can be used to treat the condition. Massage therapists may use multiple treatments to treat scoliosis. Some therapists may also offer patients workouts they can do at home. Massage can be used to treat scoliosis in many ways.
- Swedish massage is one of the most popular styles of massage. It includes tapping, kneading and long strokes.
- Deep tissue massage: Stretching, deep tissue treatment and neuromuscular therapy are meant to increase blood flow to tissues and muscles, while lengthening and loosening tight areas.
- Myofascial Release is a type of massage that targets tight spots in the thick membranes surrounding the muscles.
- Craniosacral Therapy is a manual treatment that mobilizes the restricted tissue around and inside the spine to improve a person’s natural alignment.
- Thai yoga massage is also known as Thai massage to scoliosis. It is performed under complete clothed. It is based on Ayurveda and yoga.
Massage can be used to treat scoliosis
Only a few clinical studies have examined the potential benefits of massage therapy for adolescents suffering from idiopathic Scoliosis. These studies were limited to a single or two cases, so it is important to be skeptical about the results.
This strategy was compared to other medical treatments such as bracing and observation. Chiropractic manipulation had several benefits. They led to a reduction in the scoliosis curve and decreased discomfort. There were also improvements in self-esteem and physical activity. Another randomised study on osteopathic manipulation of adolescents with idiopathic Scoliosis revealed that it was not effective.
In Brisbane, between the ages of 9 and 14, approximately